*** 27th May 2020 – CLOSURE OF CLUB HOUSES – UPDATE ***
An online meeting of BBRCC’s Executive Committee was held in May to review the situation with regard to Cae Groes and Raven Crag.
Nothing of significance has changed in Wales following the Government’s last review of the lockdown. Unnecessary travel is banned, some paths and parts of National Parks continue to be closed even to local people. Although in England there has been some relaxation of the rules, the constraints on accommodation and the pleas to keep away from the Lake District continue. The situation will be reviewed again on 11 June but as it would take the Club some weeks to arrange whatever adjustments may be necessary to the accommodation to help ensure CoVid security the decision was taken to maintain the closure of both houses until the end of July 2020.
Members with existing bookings during the period of closure are being contacted and offered a full refund. A number of members who have had their bookings cancelled have chosen not to have their fees repaid but to carry them over to their next booking. This has been and will continue to be of particular help in keeping the Club afloat. In recognition of this they will have the first opportunity to re-book when the houses do open.